Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014: Finding Joy in the Miles

Now that we're three months into 2014, I thought I might actually make some public resolutions :-)

2013 was all about training and challenging myself. This was the year that I chased down some demons and finally proved to myself that I was a real runner. I made new friends, earned some new PRs, and ran hundreds of miles. 2013 was a great year.



2014 is going to be all about enjoying the moment. Enjoying each mile for what it is; not what I think it should be. Enjoying races with friends and family, spending quality time running together. 2014 is going to be awesome.

In the next few months, we've got the Shamrock Half Marathon, Pittsburgh Half Marathon, Akron Marathon Relay, and the fifth anniversary of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. All of these races will be with friends and family and I can't wait to make new running memories this year.

There will still be PRs to chase and training goals to be accomplished, but above all, the most important goal will be to find joy in the miles.

Happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment